Most of you must have heard about various health benefits that CBD can offer. However, do you know how much CBD dosage will you need? This is one important question that comes to our mind when we start taking CBD.
Since CBD and its products are still not regulated by FDA, no recommended dosages are provided by the supplier, and usually, it is quite tricky to know how much dosage you will need to treat your problem.
In this article, we will try to discuss how you can determine the right dosage for you while taking any CBD edibles that are available in the market. You can also get all the products related to CBD from the website https://justcbdstore.com.
How to decide the right dosage for you?
Your exact dosage of CBD will depend upon the following few factors:
- Your exact body weight
- Condition for you are treating
- What is your body chemistry
- The concentration of CBD present in each capsule, pill, drop, or gummy
There are plenty of variables under consideration to decide the CBD dosage that you should take. Therefore, before you try CBD, you must discuss with your doctor regarding your appropriate dosage and also about any potential risks.
Stick to the recommended dosage as your doctor will tell you. This is very important if you are also taking any prescription medication, which contains CBD.
If you fail to obtain a doctor’s recommendation due to any reason, then you need not worry. In that case, it will be best, to begin with, a smaller dose and then gradually increase it. As an example, you can start with CBD of 20 – 40 mg/day.
After one week, try to increase this dose by 5 mg. Keep increasing by 5 mg every week until you start feeling that your symptom is getting treated effectively.
We are illustrating it with a practical example so that it becomes clearer to you.
- Starting the week, take 40 mg of CBD dose per day to treat your severe pain.
- Suppose you get no relief after taking a week, then increase the dosage of CBD to 45 mg per day and observe.
- In case you start getting relief in the second week, then 45 mg is your right dose.
- If you did not get relief even in the second week, start taking 50 mg CBD per day, and probably now you start getting relief.
- You must write it down your observation in each week.
Can you take a higher dosage?
As per the review of 2011 and 2017, humans can tolerate as high as 1500 mg per day. However, in a 2019 study conducted on mice, CBD could cause liver damage by interacting with other medications. Therefore, it is important to discuss with doctors.
Few common side effects that you can see for CBD overdose are:
- Appetite change
- Weight change
Since CBD and its products are not still regulated by FDA, you must always choose the best quality CBD products available in the market.